Thursday, April 29, 2010

bluebottlecoffee and biscuit obsessions

A new coffee place has recently opened up on Berry Street, Brooklyn (between N 5th and 6th if you're on the hunt) and I have become reasonably obsessed with their delightfully sweet, but not toooo sweet, iced coffee. Based out of Oakland, CA, Blue Bottle Coffee Co are insanely hands on with every step of the coffee making process and boy, does it show!
They sell a kit to help me get my New Orleans-style iced coffee and chicory (chicory!!) fix at home but it's more like science class than coffee brewing and I can't tell you how excited it makes me that they describe the desired outcome to "resemble used motor oil." Yum!!
They also have some pretty life changing Cheddar and Chive Biscuits, which was at least 60% of the excuse I gave to incite an on the spot i like you as a friend meet up there yesterday. I have tried to recreate these biscuits at home a few times now and am getting pretty close. I wrote a little email to Blue Bottle, gushing over their coffee and sneakily trying to extract a biscuit recipe from them. I got a lovely reply and was informed that their pastries come from Colson Patisserie in Park Slope. I'm still considering if I should continue my search for the recipe or try and figure it out on my own...they're just SO good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment